Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Reality Check....

Reality check.......  I needed to have that Christmas day rant.  Am I proud of it?  No :-/  I would like to say it's a little bit of everything that has me on the edge these days.  No job, waiting to get my hormones in, man issues.......Ugh.....  So after today I thought I would take a little break from that stuff. 

Today was the funeral of a police officer in one of the neighboring counties to where I live.  Almost daily you hear of an officer being down, but this one hit me really hard.  He was only 25 years old, and killed by a 19 year old.  The local news station I watch televised the service.  I cried......my heart breaking for that young man's family.  The most touching moment to me was when the Police Chief was reading from his job application, and read the part where he told why he would be the best for the job.  It was just so moving......

Then I was reading my Facebook home wall, and see a post by a friend.  She is someone who goes all out for her children's birthdays.  So this post struck me as odd.  She was wishing her oldest son a Happy Birthday, and reassuring him that she loved him.  So naturally I went to her page, and seen where she posted that their house had burned up, and they lost everything.  Even their two cats....  This all happened the week before Christmas.  Now it made sense what she said to her son.  My heart is heavy for them. 

So after this day......I had to think.  Yes.....I'm out of work.......yes, I am out of my hormones, and the man problems.........That is NOTHING!  My thoughts and prayers are with this officer's family, friends and co-workers.......  My thoughts and prayers are with my friend and her family......  Life is so short, and we need to take the time to listen to others, be aware of what is going on around us, and just re-prioritize things.....  I'm not saying that I'm not going to share my drama or be a little selfish, but right now......my heart goes out to those people.

Peace!

No comments: