Total Pageviews

Monday, August 1, 2011

Unanswered Prayers........

Just what I didn't need......  I some how broke my glasses yesterday afternoon.  I thought that I might be able to get a little more wear out of them though.  I mean it's not like I've only had these glasses for like 15 years.  So this morning I go into work, check the calendar, then ask my boss if I can leave a little early so that I can go have my eyes examined and order new glasses.  Thank goodness she was okay about it.

So, I leave my office about an hour and 15 minutes early.  The weather was overcast with storms brewing.  Typical summer weather in Florida.  I was driving along in the busy traffic, wet roads, and so on.  I was approaching a busy intersection where there was an on ramp to a major interstate, when the light turned yellow.  I thought I could stop in time, but I couldn't.  My car started sliding....  Everytime I tapped my brakes my car would start to fishtail.......  So I just said "sweet Jesus", and went sliding through one red light, and almost another.  I thought, if a cop is around I will suck it up and take the ticket.  I was praying that I didn't hurt someone else or myself.  I made it through......no cops and everything still intact.  I didn't think much more about it until one of my younger brothers called me.  I was complaining about having to just drop $300 for an eye exam and new glasses.  I said that I didn't understand why God didn't answer my personal prayers.  He will answer when I pray for other, but my prayers go unanswered.  Then like a lightning bolt from the sky......  I said, wait just a minute!  He answered my prayers...........  When I went sliding through the traffic light and intersection I could have been injured badly or gotten killed.  Worse than that, I could have killed someone.  I told my brother that $300 is not a bad price for having my life.  Sometimes when you don't think the big guy unpstairs is listening, he is. 

Peace!

No comments: