Total Pageviews

Friday, August 12, 2011

Things we don't expect....

I pray A LOT.  I've written before about thinking sometimes God doesn't answer my prayers.  But I 've come to the realization that God answers the prayers in his own time, when he knows we are ready.  The ones he may not answer, but something different happens, and you see the reasoning in it, and you know he in his own way has anwered your prayer in a modified way.  The one thing I do know is when friends ask me to remember them or their loved ones in my prayers, I do, and usually good things happen.  My co-worker/friend's husband started having heart problems recently.  It was not good, and he is not an old person either.  My friend asked me to pray for him.  I did, and asked for family and friends to remember him in their prayers as well.  He had surgery this past week, and is doing well.  He came by the office today, and visited with us for a little while.  I had walked back to my office and picked back on my work, and he came into my office.  He walked around my desk, and told me he felt like he needed to give me a hug, and thanked me.  I told him I was very happy that his surgery had been a success, and he was feeling better.  It really caught me off guard, but it felt good.  I was talking to my friend later and told her what he did.  She said, he does that.  He's a hugger, and he must have felt he needed to do that.  It's those little things in life that make a difference.  Praying doesn't cost a thing, but giving those you care about and God a little bit of your time is priceless.

Peace!

No comments: