Total Pageviews

Friday, August 12, 2011

A child's request.........

After a few posts of negativity and ripping on the man that I am still very much in love with, I decided that I need to move away from that.  I need to take a step back myself, and get a clear head.  Clearly I am a forgiving person, and have a hard time being mean.  With that said, I am going to talk about something that really touched me earlier in the evening. 

Tonight while on my Facebook page, my 9 year old niece im'd me.  She is the daughter of my youngest brother.  Her grandma (my sister inlaw's mother), who she has a very close relationship with was taken to the ER earlier in the evening.  I made some small talk with her, and eventually she worked into telling me about her grandma.  I read what she wrote, and responded gently with her, knowing that she is visibly scared that her grandma may die.  I remember when my Ryan was just a few years older than she was my grandma passed away.  My Ryan took it very hard.  I, at times, don't think I dealt with it in the right way with him.  So I wanted to be sure I didn't say the wrong thing with her.  We chatted for a little while, and I think she must have been thinking about what I said.  She eventually told me good night, but before she did she did a little post on her FB page, saying her grandma was back in the hospital, and she was praying for her and asked that everybody pray.  God love her........  A child's plea for prayers for her grandma.  Communicating with her tonight and reading what she wrote makes me think everything else around me seems so small compared to what big things are going through her little mind.  It was only a couple of years ago she lost her grandpa.  She still has my parents, but she has been fortunate to be close to both sets of grandparents.  So, I am going to ask that if you pray..........Please remember my niece's grandma in your prayers.  And remember to keep those you love close to your heart, and never pass up the chance to tell them just how much they mean to you.  Thanks for following.........  God Bless!

No comments: