Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Will work for food........

Almost 3 years ago I had been gainfully employed for 12 years with the same law firm.  So, you can understand my shock when my employer laid me off......  I had run the office, and it had an outstanding reputation.  Financial difficulties were stated as the reason I was let go, and the lower gal on the totem poll got to keep her job.  It took me almost 7 months to find another job.  It started as a temp job, and there was going to be a brief period of down time before I went permanent.  During this time I was asked to work temporarily for an attorney I knew for a few years.  Just to help out, because her parttime assistant walked out, and her lead paralegal needed some help.  Before it was time for me to leave, I was offered a permanent fulltime position with this firm.  I have been there 2 years this week.  Well.....today about 20 minutes before quitting time, my boss told me she had to let me go because of financial reasons.  She gave me the option of staying 2 weeks (because she could pay me for 2 more weeks) or leaving immediately.  I opted to stay for the 2 weeks.  I am now stepping up my job search.  This is not the greatest place to be right here at the holidays, and my Ryan's birthday.  But I know I will be okay.  I'm in basically in the same place as a lot of people these days.  It's times like these that you have to dig deep and find what you are really made of.  So wish me luck, and say a prayer for me if you will ;-)

Peace!

No comments: