Total Pageviews

Friday, January 6, 2012

Double Blessings......

Today was Epiphany.......  It's a Greek holiday (Feast Day).  Look it up on Wikipedia.  I grew up one town away from where one of the biggest celebrations take place.  I finally got to attend one of the celebrations a few years back.  Today, I took my Ryan.  Yes, we're both very sick, but we braved the crowds to go see the young men dive for the cross.  Two of my very dear friends had sons who were diving.  I had gotten up this morning really not thinking that Ryan and I would go.  But there was a small chain of events that put my faith into perspective.....  I have been in such a struggle with many things in my life recently that I truly felt I could not recover from any of it.  There have been so many times that I have literally been ready to throw my hands up in the air, and give up.  This morning was one of those times.  I finally had the breakdown that I knew was right there on the horizon.  I had read my cousin's recent blog, and she was talking about completely letting things go....turning everything over to God.  It hit very close to home.  I have always prayed and said Lord, I am putting this or that in your hands.  And while I thought what I was doing was right........it didn't feel right.  This morning I was of the mindset that if I am going to hit rock bottom, and lose everything......Then I am going to pray, and I am going to hand everything over to you Lord.  You have never failed me, and I don't believe you will now.  So, I gave him everything.......  I handed over my job situation, my relationship situation, my money situation, Ryan, and both our health.  If I lose everything......  I will rebuild.  By trying to hold onto the control in my life and not trusting God......I was letting the devil win.  I am ready to have happiness and good health in my life.  I deserve that.  I have been fortunate with what I've been blessed with.  I need to stop feeling sorry for myself and being the victim.  I need to pull myself out of the dumps, and move forward.  That is what life is all about.  After all if what we are dealing with does not kill us.......It will only make us stronger.  I can't make promises that I won't be in "one" of those moods, and rant and write, but it will be just a moment........Because God has my life, and I am looking forward to all the good things that he has instore for me.....  Oh......and the cross?  The original was not immediately found.  So they decided to throw the back-up cross.  One young man found the second one.  Some of the devoted young men stayed in the water going back to search for the original, and one young man found it.  This year there was double blessings for two very fortunate young men........ 

Peace!

No comments: