Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Go back to the beginning.....it's where it all started

I have blogged a lot about my relationships, love, and all kinds of craziness.  But it wasn't until recently when I was talking to a very dear friend who is having marital problems, that my mind started swirling about the whole love thing.

This friend has been married several years.  By all appearances, they had a good marriage.  Other than a few squabbles here and there, these two love each other and you know it.  So for her to tell me that their marriage was in trouble, I was shocked.  I know that they are trying counseling and she is in the fight for her life where her marriage is concerned.  When I asked her recently how things were going she said, they are better, just going slow.  She said it's like starting all over again......the getting to know each other, etc.  I asked if that was a bad thing and she said no, it's like they are best friends.

So I started thinking...  If you truly love someone and the relationship ends without reason, can it be saved?  Can you go back to the roots of your relationship and start over?  Fall in love all over again?  I think so.....  Break-ups are the easy way out.  Divorces are more accessible and people literally give up too fast.  I believe in love.  True love is worth fighting for.  Even if it means going back to the beginning.  If you start to go different directions, go back to where it all began.  Take the time to re-examine the little things.  The silly new love stuff.  The awkwardness, goofy things.....  The long looks, the first kisses, the first time you made love.  Become friends.....best friends.  The moments that took your breath away.

I think my whole approach has been wrong....imagine that!  I am sure this is not the last that you will hear from me on this.  It's on my mind these days.  ;-)

Peace!

No comments: